Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Epic Monday night recap with Ashley and Jordan. CONTAINS SPOILERS!!!

This is going to be an every Monday thing where we (Ashley and Jordan) both combind our reviews of both Chuck and Hereos! This entry contrains spoilers to beware!




Ashley on HEROES:
Is someone on Heroes actually going to stay dead? For once? I am pretty sure they are going to bring back Ali as the other triplet? Or else they wouldn't of mentioned it, and will this one die too trying to save Micah's life? Who knows. I will admit I was not a Tracy fan and I was pretty happy to see that end. But really? Dalphene? Does Heroes have something agiesnt blondes? Wait, does this mean they are getting rid of Claire and that god awfull weave? I am happy they actually KILLED some people and they stood dead with out coming back to life right after. I liked how they let Daphene die peacefuly and with Matt giving her those dreams. But I will miss her, because shewas one of my favorite. But all now all the babies that we seen in the future aren't going to happen! What the hell man.

No on the serious side, I have stayed with this show even when others up and left and put it down. It has always kept my interst, and the fact that they made Rebel Micah (who didn't see that one coming really, they droped enough hints), really made me happy, and I hope they keep that in the storyline. I really thought it was funny/cute the way Hiro and Ando did the whole baby thing. It was playful and showed a cute side of it. But really? How did the baby get so old? Isn't claire 17 and she was 16 season one? How could the child be a damn TODDLER by now? Maybe I am messsed up on the time frame but really. It was cute, but does this mean Matt is getting back with his wife? And WHAT THE HELL is with Hiro getting back his powers from the baby? How did he do that? But seriously how can you not aww over the And what the hell was with the random Peter? They really need to explain that next week because the whole, comes and flies in, does a cute little smirk and hair flip, just doesn't go well. But whatever, its Heroes its their job to find fuck us.

The show jumped around this week, and there wasn't any of my favorite villain, wich peaved me because last week they showed him in that dudes apartment. I really just can't wait for next weeks, this one was good because:

- they really killed someone and they are staying dead.
- we finailly found out who rebel was.
- HRG was being a baddasd as always.
- we didn't see Claires bad weave.
- "Can you say Yatta?!"



Jordan on HEROES:
Heroes, on the other hand. The jury is still out. Can someone please tell me how in the hell Peter randomly shows up in an elevator to save Mama Petrelli? Are we just supposed to believe that Peter is still that awesome? Because I never truly believed that. I liked his character in season one, sure, but that was nearly three years ago. I'll admit, the stuff with Matt's (didn't they establish in season one that Janice believed it wasn't his baby? Continuity problem, maybe?) baby was adorable, but why kill off Daphne if the baby isn't going to cause any conflict with her and Matt's relationship? Why bring in the baby at all, this far into the season? What the hell was up with the opening scene, if they didn't do a damn thing with it? Did I miss something or did they just completely forget about it? My vote is with completely forget about it. Also, easiest way to squick Jordan out? Make her watch close-ups of someone shaving. Jesus. Also, be honest. Who didn't call the identity of Rebel? Seriously, was it that obvious? Now all they have to do is bring back Molly Walker (Distant relative of Sarah, maybe? Run with that however you choose) and my life will be happy. Okay that's a lie, it'll take a lot to make me happy with this show again. I fear that these characters are beyond repiar and while they made steps to try and rectify their damage, there is still far too much of it to take on at once. Maybe I'll make another post when I rewatch the episode. Jordan's vote on Heroes? Still a heavy sigh, so here's to hoping next week will bring hope.




Ashley on CHUCK:
I always knew Chuck was a badass, even when Casey and Sarah would put him down. I could of called the fact that them putting down Chuck's skills would come back and show us he was a total badass. I mean really, Adam Badlwin isn't the only one who can kick ass with a gun on this show (I can't wait for that by the way.) So with the FINAILLY focusing on the fact that Chuck can be more than a geeky computer guy, is really making me happy. But the fact that he always screws up and always ends up in trouble and needing to be bailed out? Not so much, I kind of wish they let him do this one, and not have big bad Casey save the day.
I was sort of getting tired of the whole Buy More thing, with the whole little sub storyline of the whole nerd herders and morgan. I mean don't get me wrong I love Morgan, but its not the same with out him and Chuck. Sure Jeff's office and everything like that was funny and the while Burbank vs Hills was funny too, but it is getting sort of old, and I wish they did more with Morgan and Ana to be honest.
In the next coming weeks we know Chuck is going to kick some serious ass, there is going to be a wedding, we are going to see who Papa Bartowski is, and Sarah may or may not be leaving. Who knows, but what I do know is I can not wait to see Chuck kick some serious ass, because it is WELL over due.


Jordan on CHUCK:
I like to think that I'll be the first and biggest supporter Chuck will ever have. Rarely do I find anything wrong with this show, but the one thing that has irked me in past episodes was Casey and Sarah's wonton treatment of Chuck's skills as a spy, no longer an asset. He's not just a silly computer nerd anymore and these past two episodes kind of shoving our face in that fact, the fact that he's no Cole Barker/Bryce Larkin, was getting tiresome. But finally, they're addressing the issue in a big way.
I think the biggest... bit of growth that comes to mind when looking back on this episode of Chuck, is just how much control Chuck is taking of his lot in life. No longer is he sitting back and letting Sarah and Casey berate him or treat him like some sort of burden. He's taking action, making his own steps to ensure that he does what he needs, and wants, in this whole situation. And that starts with him hunting down Orion on his own (as established in the previous episode, the original creator of the Intersect and the only person who would know how to remove it) instead of waiting for Beckman to simply tell him she doesn't care. Oh, but of course his secret is out, and because of it we had General Beckman in all her military glory fly to LA to personally knock down the team and put an end to the Orion nonsense. She tells him point blank that she doesn't want the Intersect out of his head and therefore, Sarah and Casey are forced to be on her side. Thankfully, that doesn't stop our intrepid Chuck from finding a way to contact Orion and get himself into a bit of pickle while trying to meet up with him.
The biggest thing about this whole episode though was Chuck taking action, and thank god for it because I was really getting sick of Chuck being made out to be anything less than awesome. The pretending to accidentally to shove the computer to face the camera with the address of where they were going was genius, really, in Chuck's own little clumsy way. I like that they bring about the trust issues between Sarah and Chuck in a different way this time, with Chuck now doubting that Sarah really wants what's best for him, although of course he never sees the whole picture. Speaking of Sarah, I think we made some real progress with the whole Chuck and Sarah relationship. It wasn't in the forefront of the episode, but the progress was subtle. Even just how Sarah reacted when she and Chuck went back to look for the laptop that Orion had delivered to the Buy More, she actually pouted! She threw a right hissy fit at him not trusting her and it was refreshing to see some sort of emotion towards him caring about her. She's chasing him and making sure that he knows just how she feels about him, while he tries to cope with having to wait to have her in any sort of real capacity. Her actions around Beckman, causing Beckman to ask Casey to give her an unedited report of their "relationship" were obviously integral to everything. She defended Chuck strongly and rightly so, since we haven't really seen anyone defend's Chuck skills or anything of the sort since the premiere of the season when Casey tried to get out of the kill order on his head. Seems so far away, doesn't it? I loved the very end with Chuck having hidden the pictures of the Fulcrum Intersect in the comic he was reading. Here's to hoping that Orion really isn't dead and my theory about him being Papa Bartowski didn't just fly out the window. (More on that in another post, I suppose) All in all, I liked this episode, as it was a good set up one. We made a lot of progress that will become apparent in the coming weeks, and I can see the show is moving in a bigger and more awesome direction. It gives me chills to think about it.


THATS A WRAP on the the Monday night review!




No comments:

Post a Comment